[quote=Anne-Marie]Glad you found this place, Mia - It is the best place to be for the latest in accurate information, plus the knowledge and compassion shared by many who have experienced what you are going through. Try not to check Dr. Google - it can be a crazy maker! What you seem to have may turn out to be nothing serious. As mentioned many times on this forum, the only way to tell for sure is with a biopsy. Keeping busy is good and you can use the "waiting" time to check out the main pages of this site, where you will find lots of info on diagnoses and different kinds of biopsies. It can also help you to formulate any questions you might have for your doctor or for anyone here. Hope your diagnosis brings you good news and whatever it is, you have lots of support from everyone here. [/quote]

I'm so sorry, Anne-Marie, for not acknowledging your kind post. Thank you for the encouragement. And Christine, Jeff and Don, also. My mind is not working right today. I'm only able to think about my appointment this afternoon and try to prepare for it. But I'm not an ungrateful, rude person, really.

Last edited by Mia; 01-27-2015 10:06 AM.

Newbie, age 70, nonsmoker/nondrinker
01/22/15 - Leukoplakia of right lateral/ventral tongue found by dentist
01/27/15 - Appt.re evaluation. Dental Resident's opinion: lesion not dangerous at this time. Wait & see how it develops.