One of the most inspirational things on this horrific journey my husband has had to endure is the ways in which friends, neighbors and strangers have cared for us.

Please share the special ways in which someone has touched you? I'll start.....

Cleaning closets and selling things because we need to sell the house. frown Posting things online to sell. A buyer didn't come when she said she did, and when I emailed her, her reason was "Sorry! Chemo brain!" I emailed back that I certainly get it, hubby has chemo brain too. She showed up to pick up the item and handed me a gift certificate for a free housecleaning. Someone had given it to her, and she already has a cleaner, so she passed it along. With listing the house staring me right in the face, it couldn't have been more welcome. Needless to say, I let her have my sale goods for free! The kindness of strangers.....

While my kids may roll their eyes every time I put a lasagna on the table, I am especially thankful for all the meals that saved me shopping and cooking. One friend's delivery always includes paper plates, bottled water, napkins, etc. so I don't have to do a THING! And WINE (for me)....

At a recent doctor's visit, the doctor was complimenting my husband on how well he is doing. He pulled a gold coin out of his pocket that I'd seen on his dresser but didn't know the story which he told to the doctor. Our neighbor is a high ranking special ops guy in the armed forces and these coins are awarded to those who have endured "above and beyond". My neighbor gave it to my husband and unbeknownst to me, he's had it in his pocket for every treatment. When I told my neighbor, this big lunk of a badass cried.

A rotating cast of characters drives my husband to his daily radiation treatments. Saves me the time off work, and on my one day off of work, gives me the chance to blitz the "sick room" with a frenzied cleaning. As horrible as my husband feels, I know the daily contact with non-family members forces him to shower, dress, be civil, and hear news of the "outside world" and stay connected. On the surface, he really doesn't "like" it, but in the long run, it's good for him and I'm grateful to this army of drivers.

OK - Your turn! Tell us a story that touched you!

Wife to patient with poorly differentiated, non-keratinized, squamous cell carcinoma in one tonsil. Stage 4. T2N2 with metastisation to three lymph nodes of the left neck.
Dx Nov '14
Tonsillectomy and neck dissection Nov '14
Chemo (cisplatin) & radiation started 12/10/14