I still don't understand the fine detail, Uptown, but you've added to what little I understand of oral cancer treatment and weight. I've put my weight back on. In spite of eating huge amounts of ice cream, however, I'm not veering into the mild obesity I lived with before my latest round of cancer. My treatment so far cross fingers has all been on the right side and even on that side, numb as it is, the muscles seem to be working. I've done a lot of heavy gardening this last 12 months, partly because I haven't had much to do and partly to spite the cancer. I can now lift a heavy bag of compost which I previously found ruinous to the back.

Is there anything about a liquid diet that makes it less likely to help you put on weight?

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.