Hi Mig121,
your post took me right back to where I was 12 months ago. I was on an NG tube and the Jevity which after lots of experimenting I found best taken at night on a very low speed , like other people here I needed to be propped up almost up right on 3 pillows. I couldn't manage the dietician's recommended in take it over loaded me and I was very sick for a good few months. I was offered complan flavoured milk shakes but they made me very sick and something in them stung my mouth like mad, so had to give up on them. Vicious circle I know , nutrition and hydration rightly drummed into you as essential so your very conscious and aware of this , forcing yourself everything tastes vile and your full and bloated . I promise you it does get better , one day something somewhere just clicks and is a little easier or you don't feel quite as bad , and from this point on , each day gets better. I hope this day comes soon for you. Water at this stage tasted very salty but I use to force small sips down. Taste for me now is very altered still , can taste savoury , bitter and sour but not the same as it was before but similar , still have no sweet taste whatsoever . One of the first things I could manage to eat was courgettes and mushrooms , custard rice pudding and soft eggs the textures I managed and taste reasonable but everyone is different . Hang on in there thinking of you.

Di 47 none smoker / drinker

T4 SCC left tonsil
1 Cistplatin,30 RAD finished treatment on 4/12/2013
Trismus
First MRI scan appears clear
TX
NG tube 9 weeks
acute vommiting, syringe driver 9weeks
2 month checks