Hi Mungolina. You certainly have an interesting work life. What would your thesis be on if you did a PhD? Do you read literature in different languages? Are you a fan of the French series Spiral? Can't remember what it's called in French. I've just been mulling over how the Americans and Europeans have pushed past the English in the making of TV series. It used to be that the BBC was supreme but now I find that Scandinavian TV, the French/English The Tunnel and some of the American series like The Wire, Breaking Bad and Mad Men are surpassing Brit TV. I'm a bit of a hypocrite though because I'm a lifetime viewer of Coronation Street:)

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread. I just think it's important to embrace the whole of life when we're facing these cancer issues. When I had my most recent treatment Breaking Bad on Netflix kept me going.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.