Cherry you are an absolute champion and Larry is very lucky to have you.

Getting the right cocktail of meds for nausea is very difficult. The doctors gave me several different drugs and it was a bit of trial and error as to which one worked. I found Odanestron (Zofran) did nothing at all for me, the only think that worked at all was Pramin (Maxalon).

It will be a rollercoaster of sensations Larry has never felt before. Right now he is redefining what the word "nausea" means to him, and it will never be the same. The doctors should be told about every change in his symptoms. Every journey is different, but they usually have seen each symptom before, and have a range of options to make it better.

If you can follow what the doctors say and keep the machine going (eating, drinking, sleeping, toileting) he'll be ok. Its also mentally distressing when you have all these things happening and you're under a fog of drugs. I hope your treatment facility has access to a social worker or a counsellor, they are very helpful.

As has been said before, be sure to look after yourself Cherry. Larry loves you and needs you right now but we know its enormously taxing on the caregiver. Be sure to take time for yourself and talk to someone about what you're going through. Bless you both and I hope you have the best Christmas you can with your family.

Cheers, Dave (OzMojo)
19Feb2014 Diagnosed T2N2bM0 P16+ve SCC Tonsil.
31Mar2014 2 Cisplatin, 70gy over 7 weeks (completed 16May2014)
11August2014 PET/CT clear.
17July2019 5 years NED.