I'm new here and found your site last night during one of my no sleep stress outs. I have done a lot of reading here and it seems like you'all have a great support system for each other. I may be jumping the gun here by posting as I have not been confirmed to have OC,i am in the early stages of seeing my ent. A little history for me,i was a 25 year tobacco chewer up until oct 1 this year. Last winter I was having bad reflux and this spring early summer the same as well as my voice seemed to get hoarse every now and then.Around late sept I had a sore throat or pain around adams apple that came and went for a day or 2 but for some reason I decided to quit cold turkey a can a day habit. Beginning early October I had a feeling of lump in my throat above my adams apple,lots of throat clearing that never seemed to do much and occasionally my voice would crack or get sore if I talked for a while. Also had some little needling pains along left side of adams apple but they lasted only a couple seconds at a time and disappeared.Over the last 2 months,anxiety got the better of me probably from too much googling symptoms so I made a dr. appt. My regular dr took a look in my mouth and said everything looked good and ordered a thyroid test just to check-came back fine. I didn't feel a whole lot of confidence when I left the office as I still had the lump in throat feeling and after a week of worry and sleepless nights I got them to refer me to an ent dr. I saw that dr. this past Friday and he gave me an oral check,my gums are shot from all the tobacco use.After the check I was introduced to the scope up your nose and down my throat while I got to recite a e I o u. When all was over his observations were ;my vocal cords were a little red and I had enlarged left lingual tonsil and 1 slightly swollen neck lymph node. I was given 5 tablets of 10mg prednisone and a 30 day supply of 40mg acid reflux pills and he said he didn't think it was cancer. Its only been 3-4 days and already I know the prednisone isn't going to take the lump feeling away. He did schedule me a follow up appointment for jan.2 to see if anything is improved. Its a long way to jan.2 and with my anxiety level where it is and not getting much sleep in a night its going to be a long wait. Sorry for the long winded post,i'm in uncharted waters here and sailing a one man ship.