Hello LR: Don't be too bothered by the fear of not being able to remain active. For some, during treatment they are so physically drained and fatigued, just getting through the day is an accomplishment. For others, we were able to remain pretty active throughout treatment, no marathon running mind you, but in no way was I confined to the couch or bed. In fact, unless I told people about it, they didn't even know I had cancer.

So, don't get to worrying too much right now. Your body will let you know what it can and can't do. And seven or so weeks from now, when radiation is over, you will start back on the road to recovery to your new normal. It will be different from before cancer I promise, but that doesn't mean it's all bad either.

I'm almost one year post treatment and outside of food still tasting bad to neutral (a few things taste good) and occasional dry sinuses and throat I have no problems. I did lose 42 pounds during treatment, so the new skinnier look is most appreciated.

Hang in there, you will get through this just fine. When it gets tough, lean on us for strength; we have all gone through what you are facing; we did okay, you will too.

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good