So our relationship with Vitamix has evolved, and in December OCF is going to work on giving away a limited number of units to people who can demonstrate both financial need (on disability) and medical need, (doctors letter stetting that long-term or permanent PEG feeding is required, or that acute dysphagia requires a liquid oral diet as a result of ORAL CANCER. Please note that tons of people are on PEG systems from strokes and so much more. OCF cannot be the entity that takes care of all these people, but we want to work with those that end up in this place from oral cancer.

Secondarily. OCF is a certified Vitamix dealer. So we can sell anything that they make. We have lots of different people on these that we know, and everyone has urged us to put our efforts into one of their newest offerings the 7500. It has the high horsepower motor, newest design bowl and blades, is quieter than other models, and other features. We have already had both new and reconditioned certified (with full warrantee) units in people's hands, and everyone agrees this is the one that without the extra costs of programs which you really do not need, that does it all the best. They seem to have a good stock of reconditioned units. Note that these have mostly been used for an in store demonstration for a day, and any part that came in contact with food is changed out for brand new, and the motor is checked and re-certified, and new books CD's, and everything are added to the box. So really it is only the motor and base that was used for a day. Given the discount on these, I think it is the sweet deal.

Vitamix requires ALL their dealers from Amazon to Williams Sonoma to OCF to sell at the full retail price. There is no discounting allowed for anyone, not even a small non-profit trying to do good in the world. Dealers caught discounting will loose their dealerships. So the prices that you see on the Vitamix website are what they are. I tried to work something out with them, but it isn't happening. Know though that if you buy a unit, the small margin in it (we don't get the same discount -ie. profit margin- as Amazon who buys over 100,000 units from them a quarter) benefits the charity that you all care about. So while getting something that is cool and you want, it is also like making a donation to OCF.

Some of their dealers like WS or Amazon say things like - retail $725.00, but our price only $649.00!!! Nonsense. If you look at the Vitamix web site their retail is $649.00, so this is just making people THINK they are getting some discount they are actually are not.

We are still sorting our our corporate account code, but if you would like a unit, for now please call OCF directly, or even contact me by email, and I will place the orders for you. NOW, because we can't discount to you and we are going to make a little bit off of the order to keep the lights on at OCF, to launch this thing, we are considering giving you something that is not part of Vitamix to make choosing OCF a better deal. Right now what is in discussion is a Kroger or Albertson's gift card that we hope to be able to secure from them at around a $50 dollar value. So while Vitamix is getting their full price, you are essentially getting 50 bucks worth of food for free if you buy from OCF. So while this cuts what we would make in half, its good for you and for OCF.

Any questions, please post them here, and I will try to get to them quickly while I am traveling over the next few weeks for OCF.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.