Ok, I think I've finally figured out where the blood is coming from. The blood spitting is getting much more frequent. I am spitting up blood almost every other night. It seems to start coming up when I lie down for a few hours. I was using a curved tongue cleaner wrapped in some tissue paper these past few months to figure out where the bleeding was coming from. I was able to get it WAY back into the throat and touch my epiglottis. Yeah, my gag reflex is pretty good. Anyways, I would rub it along the tonsils and tonsillar crypts. I would swipe the back of the tongue along the right, middle, and left sides. I couldn't find anything. Well, last night, after I was spitting up quite a bit of fresh red blood, I started reaching way deep near the tonsillar crypts with my tissue wrapped contraption. Near the back of my tongue along the border of the right tonsillar crypt, I brought up quite a bit of fresh blood on the tissue paper. I kept doing it for 10 minutes bringing up more fresh blood. It eventually stopped. But, wow. That was pretty alarming.

I have another appt. with the ENT on the 18th. But, I'm going to try and schedule one next week. At this point, with all of my symptoms, I think I should expect the worst and hope for the best. But, I don't know what the ENT will plan on doing. He may just try to scope me again and find nothing. Personally, I want him to ultrasound the other lymph nodes, take FNA biopsies, and I dunno, what else can we do? Would a CT scan help? I don't see any tumor like growths back there. Would a PET-CT scan be considered way overboard? I've heard of people getting these before an official cancer biopsy is made (supposedly, they do this to help guide where to do the biopsies). I just need some suggestions to formulate a plan with the ENT. My feeling is, these guys are now swimming in the deep end with me and are kinda clueless on the next steps. Seriously. One of the ENT's thought one of my lymph nodes was an ingrown hair! The most recent one thought the bleeding was either caused by a AVM (which is kinda absurd) or from my old tuberculosis.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

40 y.o., undiagnosed, spitting up blood past 4-5 months at random intervals, several enlarged lymph nodes under chin and neck, biopsy of one showed benign viral lymphadenopathy. Still being monitored by ENT.