Hi Everyone, just completed Week 1, and started Day 1 with cisplatin and IMRT radiotherapy. Pretty uneventful, the anti-nausea medication in the cisplatin IV kept things under control.

My big challenge is not from this cancer treatment so far, but from the major oral surgery I had 4 weeks ago which is still causing misery in my mouth! No problem with the extractions tooth socket healing, but there's a constant scraping and gouging of my tongue against some kind of bone which the dental surgeon cannot locate (I do have severe trismus, to be fair). Can'teat, cant talk, can't sneeze, sleep, hiccup, cough, swallow without scraping tongue pain!! Whenever I drink something, even very plain consomme, it kinda puckers up the sides of my mouth (some gland?) and it feels like swelling up inside, thereby causing more friction on any tongue movement. Never knew raw tongue pain can be so tough. This was unexpected and somewhat depressing!

QOL

Diagnosed: 01/2014 (personally suspected well before that)
Self-treat (Cancell + mushrooms): 2/2014
Mexican clinic (Alternative): 6/2014
Will begin conventional treatment soon, mostly IMRT radiotherapy, with a little chemotherapy (cisplatin) in sessions 1, 22, possibly 43.