Cantbelieve I am sorry to hear of such a fast recurrence but am relieved that you caught it so quickly. I called my husband's ENT's administration and told her that we were available anytime if there were any appointment cancelations, this did not speed up our appointment but I figure it is worth a try.

My husband was at emerge on Aug 31, got a biopsy on the 6th and a scan on the 10th of 2013 and this was in Nova Scotia as he was on a painting trip. I would hope the process would be speedier in the case of a reacurance.

I know you will find strength, tell yourself you are doing everything you can and most importantly you are loving your husband with all you have and there is nothing in the world more important then to be loved. Take the time to just be and empty your mind of worry if you can. It is a traumatizing time, let yourself express openly with your husband. You are going through so much.

Feeling for you, Sophie

husband 61@diagnosis painter
6/9/13 Exophylic invasive SCC IV(ext.gingivobuccal) 3cm+ mandibular/lytic/erosion, jugular/node9mmshort-axis
17/9/13 Dx(moderately aggressive)
24/10/13 left madiblectomy, mod radical neck disct, leg flap, NGtube
2/01/14 (30 tx)rads 60gy
N2b (2nodes under jaw) (rem. in tiny nerves) (rem. 30 nodes)
Clear margin, close 2mm inner cheek
15/05/14 cellulitis
3/12/14 Chest CT Clear
27/02/15 cellulitis
8/6/15 cellulitis
10/6/15 Osteomyelitis