Thanks Christine, Don and Uptown. I, too, hope that this will become the go-to treatment for people with strictures in their esophagus post radiation. I had actually taken as fact that John would never eat/drink again. Yesterday I was able to take out my smoothie recipes and had John pick out the ones he would like to try. What a wonderful moment that was! We are planning to give Christine's peanut butter smoothie a try at some point.

I also have to mention that John is still getting chemo. Because the procedure is not really invasive, the interventional radiologist was able to do it during the three weeks between chemo doses even when John's white blood count was low (1.3). Our MO is totally in support of the effort and was in contact with the IR about the arrangements. We are truly lucky to have these doctors.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.