Thanks for your reply, Randi. He really wants that PEG out but he just plain isn't getting enough food down to hold his own without it. His RO is really pushing him to have it out before his next appt. which is first week of Nov.

Our visit with his ENT went well. He scoped him and said that everything looked good. He said that hubby is right where he should be and to just keep trying different foods.That leads me to my next question: what in the world does everyone eat? We are trying different foods but he is definitely having a rough time. I know this is to be expected. I'm just running out of ideas. The funny thing is, he is actually tasting quite a bit! Sweet tastes good to him. He is tasting savory but salt, garlic, those kinds of flavors are coming out very strong to him.

He is scheduled for his PET scan the second week of November.That will be 3 months out from tx. I have been kind of reading through the forums and it seems that a lot of you are getting PET scans later than this. Is 3 months a little too early? I'm afraid of false positives from his still inflamed throat.

Well, that's about all the news. Each day is passing by and he is working on eating. He is a bit depressed because he feels he's not making much progress and he's still hacking up mucous. He's not big on patience and I keep telling him that he is still a newbie in the recovery phase but he doesn't seem to believe me.

Thanks for listening everyone. Don't know what I would do if I couldn't come here and read and learn. Bless all of you.

Carol
Husband diagnosed SCC BoT 4a-June 4, 2014
Mets bilateral lymph nodes
HPV positive
Tx started June 23, 2014
Blood clot in cephalic vein of right arm after first chemo
2x Cisplatin (hopefully getting in 3rd)
35 IMRT (hopefully complete on Aug. 12)
third Cisplatin cancelled
Last day of treatment Aug. 12, 2014
PET scan Nov. 10-NED (some PT inflammation)