Hi all. Well, hubby is 8 weeks post treatment tomorrow. He still has his PEG but is working hard to take food by mouth. He's been doing pretty well with his swallowing and minimal throat pain. His RO said he can't feel his lymph nodes any longer and wants him to have his PEG out in a month. I don't see how he will be ready by then but we'll see. His PET scan is scheduled for Nov.

I'm writing today for 2 reasons: he is having a major issue with constant post nasal drip. We've tried everything the dr. has suggested and nothing slows it down. Advil Cold and Sinus helped a little. Could the rads have hit his sinuses? I didn't think the beam hit that high on him with his cancer being base of tongue.

The second issue has me very worried. The past week his throat pain has increased quite a bit. It hurts pretty badly when he first starts eating but then backs off as he continues his meal. Then, he's started seeing blood off and on when he spits. He is still hacking and spitting all day because of the post nasal drip, I guess. We have an appt. with his ENT in 3 days but I wanted to see if any of you have experienced blood in your spit this many weeks out from treatment. I'm sure you all know what I'm afraid of.

Hope you all are doing well and life is good for you.

Carol

Carol
Husband diagnosed SCC BoT 4a-June 4, 2014
Mets bilateral lymph nodes
HPV positive
Tx started June 23, 2014
Blood clot in cephalic vein of right arm after first chemo
2x Cisplatin (hopefully getting in 3rd)
35 IMRT (hopefully complete on Aug. 12)
third Cisplatin cancelled
Last day of treatment Aug. 12, 2014
PET scan Nov. 10-NED (some PT inflammation)