Welcome to OCF. It sure sounds like you have already been thru alot. Its hard to put your faith in doctors when you have not found them to always be upfront in the past.

Please understand none of us here at OCF are physicians. We do not come from a medical background or have years of training and schooling. We also do not have your entire medical chart to help understand your history including your current health status. That said, we can only give you our opinions as fellow patients and caregivers. Second guessing your physicians would only be speculating on your situation.

My suggestion would be to go to a major comprehensive cancer center (CCC) for the very least a second opinion. Maybe that would help to ease your mind.

The side effects your doctors told you about can happen. But will they all happen, probably not but it is a possibility that cant be predicted. Every patient is different and will have a slightly different experience. Without treatment Cancer probably will take your life. Many patients (myself included) go on to lead productive, happy lives after undergoing often brutal cancer treatments and side effects. Some wise friends once convinced me that before I just quit and packed it in, I had to at least give it a shot at being treated. Thankfully I listened as Im still here today 5 years later.

Here is a link that will give you a list of cancer centers. Find the very best medical care you can.

Best wishes!!!

NCI Cancer Centers

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV