Welcome to OCF! Glad you found this site to help you and your husband get thru the next several weeks. Click on the flashing tiny envelope next to the My Stuff tab. Ive sent you a private message (PM) with important info on how to use the forum. Click on the enclosed link to learn the ins and outs and get directions on how to add your signature. Please add it as soon as you can, it helps us to help you.

Radiation treatments are no picnic! They get progressively more difficult as time goes on. he hardest part is the first 2 weeks after rads ends. Best thing to do is focus on what is within your control, your husbands intake. Every single day he needs to take in at the bare minimum 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water. This needs to be done until he hits the 1 year post rads mark. Going thru radiation treatments burns up calories at a very fast rate. His intake is what will make this whole thing easier or harder than it has to be. If he begins to have issues swallowing, encourage him to take small sips thru out the day to keep those muscles active and functioning.

Hang in there! We are in your corner and will help you both get thru this. Be good to yourself, being a caregiver is a tough job.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma