[quote=AnitaFrances]Clark had his surgery and all went well. The only thing now is that he will have to be on pureed food for 6 months. NO MORE CHEWING. I saw the xray and he has a plate keeping everything aligned. Chewing provided enough tork on the fibular graft that it eventually broke. Also, no more stretching exercises either. Too much pressure on those fibular grafts.

He has very little pain and the fistula is gone. Some swelling but the incision looks good.

I am looking ahead and will be ordering a Vita-Mix. I have a few cookbooks to help me create tasty pureed meals. I remember Charm loved his Vita-Mix. He had all his meals prepared in one.

I want to make a lasagne with the ingredients pureed and layered. My son told me to make one in a large pan so we could all eat with Clark. That made me feel so good. Instead of making a special one for Clark and a different one for everyone else. That was a beautiful example of empathy, I almost cried.

Thank you all for your support. No one gets it like you do. I am so lucky to have my OCF buddies to lift me up when things get tough. Going to take a nap. I am beat.

[/quote]

Hi Anita. So happy to hear the surgery went well. Hopefully Clark heals well and has no complications. Costco sells the Vitamix. I'm a member if you would want me to get one for you. Hugs - Wanda

Wanda (47) caregiver to husband John (56) age at diag.(2009)
1-13-09 diagnosed Stage IV BOT SCC (HPV+)
2-12-09 PEG placed, 7-6-09 removed
Cisplatin 7 weeks, 7 weeks (35) IMRT
4-15-09 - treatment completed
8-09,12-09-CT Scans clear, 4-10,6-11-PET Scans clear
4-2013 - HBO (30 dives) tooth extraction
10-2019 - tooth extraction, HBO (10 dives)
11-2019 - Left lateral tongue SCC - Stage 2