That was a relief. Didn't see my surgeon but the "Head Fellow". She was a very young looking British Indian woman working in Auckland for further experience after qualifying as a consultant in Glasgow. She seemed to have a very clear understanding of my condition. Said everything was good after a thorough check-up, camera down nose etc. Advised me to massage my neck every night to reduce the swelling and said she'd check me every 6 weeks to 2 months. I was happy with that even though it would have been nice to have seen my own surgeon. Now I have a dental appointment at another hospital next week and will see the RO in early September. Still depending on my thick shakes for most of my nutrition and have put on a kilo or two. I can eat soft foods but about 20% remains in my mouth after swallowing. With my cheap version of a waterpik I'm able to wash it out but find the smoothies and thickshakes easier. I'm not too worried about it because I AM definitely improving at the soft food eating. I'll give it time.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.