Why do they keep doing chemo? Chemo does not kill this cancer. He needs a chemo radiation combo, or straight up radiation. He should have had it after the surgery particularly because this is his third dance with this cancer, it's already proven itself to have staying power. This can be an invasive and aggressive cancer as you've seen. Is he being treated at a CCC? Normally they may try the surgical route once, twice, even a third time, but after a 2nd recurrence, he should have been slotted for rads immediately after his surgical healing period was over (to be honest I would say - after it showed up in his tongue it should have been radiated post surgery). They are taking chunks out of him and giving him chemicals that have minimal effect but also compromise him with a lowered chance of a cure. Ultimately - they are chasing it rather than being proactive. Chemo may shrink the tumor, or soften it up, so that rads can come in and kill it - I has never cured this type of cancer that I know of. Do talk to your onc. If they want to operate fine, but I would absolutely push for radiation post haste. Hugs - sorry. I'm assuming no rads as you have none stated in your footer.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan