Hello Everybody,

It seems that this dreaded disease is trying to put its shadow over my little 8 year old daughter.

We have received the report today itself whose content are reproduced below:

HISTOPATHOLOGY

SITE
Swelling arising from parotid biopsy for HPE

Received 2 blocks labelled as **** / **

MICROSCOPIC FINDINGS:
Sections from the submitted blocks show a lesion with salivary gland tissue at the periphery. Lesion is consisting of sheets, islands and clusters of dysplastic squamous cells admixed with few cells with pale to vacuolated cytoplasm. Mitotic figures are discerned. Foci of hemorrhage and cystic change are noted.

IMPRESSION:
Features are suggestive of High Grade Mucoepidermoid carcinoma - biopsy from parotid gland

As a father, I am feeling shattered. But, at the same time, I have started bracing myself for the long-drawn battle to snatch her back from the jaws of this deadly disease.

My joining this forum is just one of the steps in the same direction.

The doctors, here India, have taken some time out to discuss among themselves before communicating their final opinion about the future path to taken.

May I request those who see this mail to give their useful feedback/inputs on the basis of aforementioned histopathological report?

Regards,
Rajeev

I'm a Consulting Engineer from India.
The histopathological report (24th June, 2014) of my 8 yr old daughter is suggesting "High Grade Mucoepidermoid carcinoma-biopsy from parotid gland".
Looking to understand this and start the fight for the sake of my little angel.