Thank you all for all those wonderful replies. When I first posted here, I said that there is redness around leukoplakia (this was the state 2 days ago). Also forgot to mention the lump in my throat and that my breath doesn't smell. I had another look this afternoon. Everything is still there (ear discomfort, throat pain,�) but the redness around the leukoplakia patch seems to have faded a bit.

To ChristineB

Thank you. I know, I know frown Guilty on all accounts. I'm also an idiot. The problem is anxiety and depression. I've been trying to quit for a year. With all the pressure and stress, it was an never ending circle. This time, however, is a bit different. With all my worries, anger, annoyance and your positive, encouraging comments, this might just be the pillar I can lean on for support. Like I said in my previous post: tomorrow is the day that will be cigarette free. I've decided to take a day off from studying and keep myself physically busy to help steer my thoughts away from smoking. As for the ENT visit: I'm planning on calling him on Wednesday (that's when he's available). The first time I went for a checkup for leukoplakia last year, I also asked for an annual checkup. So, every 4 months I go to ENT and he has a look. My next checkup is in September, so I'll just call the man and ask for an appointment now.

I've been to two therapists. It went like this: Their only solution was pills. Ok, but I wish to talk about things. No, no need to talk about it, just start taking these pills. But I really, really want to talk things through. Well, it didn't get me anywhere. I'm not against pills, but perhaps a good advice and some guidance would solve a lot of problems.

To Davidcpa

A good advice. I've already set the day: tomorrow. I've been pulling the reins had today to keep it down to 2 cigarettes and it worked.

To CheryId

Thank you. Irritation and allergies did cross my mind. Hopefully its just that. There are only two outcomes of this: 1.) I quit smoking and I get clean away with it, 2.) I quit smoking (witch is still a wonderful thing) but I pay a high price for my foolishness. I truly hope that it will be the first outcome. Only the doctor will be able to answer that.

To Bart

Thank you. I will have a look at it. Good advice, help and comforting word are always welcome.