Welcome aboard John. Sorry to meet you here and not at a beachside bar. The PEG debate is one for conjecture, some people have it and some don't. I was lucky enough not to.

Don't go Googling everything, you'll scare yourself to death. But if you're like me you can't help yourself and you'll Google anyway. I've come to realise every cancer case is different. Decisions are made on a whole range of factors that you might not pick up in your searches. What you can use the internet for (including this forum) is to help you understand the torrent of information the Doctors are giving you.

The next few months are a tough journey. Post your questions and let us know how you are going. We've all gone through our own battles but everyone here will tell you what I'm sure you already know, a positive attitude makes all the difference. It may be hard to do that when you're bent over a toilet bowl or sitting on the floor of the shower crying, but its at those times when you need it most.

For now, as has been said many times before and you'll hear many times in the future, EAT EAT EAT! Pretend you're a bear going into hibernation because the more reserves you have going into this the better off you will be. Its too late in week 5 when you're flying from one side effect to the next. You want to be having a steak every night you can because soon enough you won't have the option.

God I miss steaks. Maybe another couple of weeks!

Best of luck John. Let us know how you are going, don't hesitate to let us know how you are going and if you have any questions we can answer.

Cheers, Dave (OzMojo)
19Feb2014 Diagnosed T2N2bM0 P16+ve SCC Tonsil.
31Mar2014 2 Cisplatin, 70gy over 7 weeks (completed 16May2014)
11August2014 PET/CT clear.
17July2019 5 years NED.