Thanks guys. I like knowing I'm not alone in the way I think about things! I called my surgeon today and they were able to get me in this afternoon. Said that they believe the ear pain and the weird nodule forming where the surgery was done on my tongue, which I thought could be a granuloma, is being caused because I'm biting on it and grinding my teeth, probably at night and since my tongue is still numb in that area I might not be noticing it. Now they think the ear pain is TMJ... What? I am relieved it's not anything to be too concerned about but seriously, what's with the cumulative mouth issues?!?!? I guess the next step is to get a mouth guard. Does anyone else have these kinds of issues? Anything else I can do to make sure the area heals? Any ideas on what to look out for? All my surgeon said was to make sure I go back on a soft food diet. And of course I ALWAYS think of about a million questions about two seconds after I leave smile. Without fail.

3/2014: 25, no risk factors (nonsmoker, rare drinker, HPV negative) SCC right lateral tongue, T1N0M0 - well-differentiated; surgery - removal of tumor, salivary gland + neck dissection
11/2017 - ovarian torsion
12/2018 - basal cell skin cancer