Well, one month out and I'd like to say things are healing well! I am having awfully bad ear pain though, which I am so hoping is referred pain as some of my tongue is still numb. Did anyone else experience an increase of pain a month or more out? I would like to associate this with a return of feeling but it's getting to the point that I almost want to use my Percocet again.

Also, I find myself worrying about calling the doctor as I don't want to be a nuisance. I know many of you will say better to be safe than sorry and I should run back to them with any concerns and I agree but I am being a chicken and don't want to bother anyone! I'm just putting it out there in words so I can work up enough courage to call them about some new concerns I have been having that are most likely nothing but that I would feel better knowing are truly nothing... if that makes sense. To be honest, sometimes I even feel like I am being a little bit intrusive here on this site. I know it's silly. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by kfisher; 05-05-2014 08:07 PM.

3/2014: 25, no risk factors (nonsmoker, rare drinker, HPV negative) SCC right lateral tongue, T1N0M0 - well-differentiated; surgery - removal of tumor, salivary gland + neck dissection
11/2017 - ovarian torsion
12/2018 - basal cell skin cancer