You will hear this over and over... everyone is different and will respond in their own unique way. Some struggle from day 1 while others barely notice any side effects at all.

There could be many reasons behind why your husband is so fatigued. I would take a good look at his intake and start there, next check what medications he is taking.

For your husband to get thru the treatments with the best results, every single day he should be taking in a MINIMUM of 2500 calories and 48 oz of water. If he can get more in thats much better and can only help him. The day of and after chemo his water intake should be higher, like 64 oz of water. Some here will say that should be his daily water intake. You can also ask the doc or a nutritionist to help you with this.

Many medications will have side effects. Pain meds and even benedryl will make the patient tired.

As the treatments continue dont be surprised if your husband doesnt get progressively more fatigued. Radiation has a way of building up and even after he finishes the treatments it will still continue to work for a couple more weeks.

I remember when I went thru rads/chemo in 2007, it was all I could do to get out of bed. I would set the alarm to get up 10 minutes before my kids came home from school. I quickly got dressed and went to sit on the couch pretending I was there watching tv all day when I was really sleeping all day.

Treatments are rough! Wishing you both all the best with everything.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma