Hi Gina,

There are not many face-to-face support groups for head & neck or oral cancer. SPOHNC is the only organization that I'm aware of that organizes support groups for H&N cancer, and these support groups tend to be held in larger cities.

There was a H&N patient education day today at Johns Hopkins. From what I recall they have a patient education day once a year in April.

OCF sponsors a number of awareness walks around the country, and there is one in Baltimore next Saturday (5/3). The OCF events are listed on the OCF website and the list can be view via the More Ways to Help OCF link that should appear in the upper right side of this webpage. This is a great way to meet other OC survivors and support OCF.

I've been the co-chair of the awareness walk in the Lehigh Valley (PA) since 2009 and last year we had about 15 OC survivors attend the event. Because of my involvement with OCF and the awareness walk I have meet a number of oral cancer survivors and it is great to be able to talk with other survivors face-to-face.

Also check out the American Cancer Society or the Cancer Support Community. They may not have a support group specifically for oral cancer, but there may be some general support groups you could attend.

Wishing you the best!

Susan

SCC R-Lateral tongue, T1N0M0
Age 47 at Dx, non-smoker, casual drinker, HPV-
Surgery: June 2005
RT: Feb-Apr 2006
HBOT: 45 in 2008; 30 in 2013; 30 in 2022 -> Total 105!
Recurrence/Surgeries: Jan & Apr 2010
Biopsy 2/2011: Moderate dysplasia
Surgery 4/2011: Mild dysplasia
Dental issues: 2013-2022 (ORN)