Matthew, ditto on reading my own story. I learned to be patient in recovery. This is not a cold you beat in a week or 2. The hair will all of a sudden grow back on your neck although to date not as far down as it used to be for me. 7 months post treatment my haircut finally seemed like a normal cut with hair on floor. Keep nutrition up or you will lose more as your body rebuilds. Source of calories and proteins is not so much a concern right now as getting them. Carbs are important too. 4000 should be your target for calories and 150grams of protein. Everyday. It is tough with just liquids but can be done. Don't skip on this and think you can make it up. The rebuild takes fuel. It took 10 weeks after treatment to go my first week without using my tube. By then Christine's miracle shakes were a steady part of my diet. Finally ask if your tongue is ulcerated and if so ask for laser treatments to keep this clean. I went for 10 treatments before mine began to heal. Almost 8 months later it is still tender but able to withstand chewing on that side. Again have patience but be tenacious.

Age 55 HPV 16+ SCC, BOT 050613 Stage IV
great team at OSU
Tx 6 weeks of rad started June 3
8 weeks of chemo started May 28
RTOG Phase III trial Cetuximab group.
Treatment completed 7/16/2013
PET Scan completed 10/08/13
Results discussed 10/11/13
NED - Free but am I
Next part of the journey?
1year PET 10/24/14 NED
Good reports now 10 years out.