Hey folks and well-wishers,

The fever has been gone for over 24 hours now and I felt pretty good all day long. Yesterday i forgot to take my Prilosec in the am, huge mistake... I was overproducing mucus that was thin and bubbly all day long and probably swallowing too much because once during feeding I burped and got the machine going. It culminated last night with me vomiting to the point of dry heaving. I had some more patches of skin come up and a fair amount of blood.

I eventually just swished with BMX to kill the pain, took a max dose of morphine and 2 Ativan and just knocked myself out.

Today it was much slower producing and thicker. I felt considerably better all day. The throat is still extremely raw, apt to bleed still with little agitation. But I do feel a significant improvement over yesterday. My stomach has been stable all day. I've really increased my hydration today to compensate for yesterday. I can't help but feel that the amount of acid due to saliva and vomiting has been hurting my teeth but what can you do...

Brian
Stage IV TxN2aM0 HPV+ SCC 38 y.o. male
9/20/13 Sentinel Node Found
12/5/13 Start of 72Gy and 5 bags of Cisplatin
1/21/14 Treatment Ends
1/25/15 1 Yr clear