Usually the strong analgesics are going to give you the loopy side effects, particularly if you don't have a tolerance built up.

Even though most of us have been on opiates long term, when we are off for long periods of time the body can actually become "more" sensitive to the drug upon reintroduction. Lot's of OD's happen that way actually.

Hydromorphone would be another alternative, I really enjoyed those trips...on a short term basis though as the long term side effects of those drugs at the doses we usually need them in become horrible.

Personally anymore I'm a big fan of the cannabis concentrate oils, where not at the analgesic levels of the heavy opiates, they work rather well for everything but the highest on the pain scale. I've found them to be rather effective at lessening the amount of pain medications that I took, and eventually helped me ween off and eventually step down to the flower or "bud" (vaporized, or ingested, never smoked!).

Where some of your new age hippies will be familiar with "dabbing" or vaporizing pens, the dosage can be tricky at first�but there's never a fear of OD'ing. I have had a few interesting experiences with it though�like laying in the backyard holding onto the lawn so I wouldn't slide off the earth type of fun. I eventually landed and really wanted a sandwich smile

Good luck, and keep your head up!

E

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.