Stage 4, SCC HPV+ BOT. I've spent the better part of three years dealing with my cancer and it has all been quite an experience. When i was first diagnosed in late 2010 I freaked and went ahead to have most of my teeth pulled. That so shocked me that I began doing my research here and elsewhere on the web. And, i decided not to have chemo/rad. believing that there was a good chance I would not survive 5 years. I chose not to live this part of my life in "recovery" mode. And besides I really had no place to endure and cope with the common ailments after treatment. So, I continued what had been a pretty crobotic surgery should precedelean diet and physically active life, trying such as the buddwig flax/cheese diet and the gerson juice approach among others. all in all I felt fairly well: never any pain nor discomfort from my cancer, only a bit of public embarrassment from the swollenlymph node. but I shined that on and tried to laugh a lot, sing a bit and eat clean food and stay active physically. Now, some 3+ years after dx I'm seekiing treatment: having consulted with oncologists, robotic surgeons, proton radiation docs. And, i still remain a bit confused. So if anyone has any thoughts about whether robotic surgery should precede radiation or if radiation, and maybe chemo should be done. My oncologists disagree.

Last edited by ChristineB; 01-10-2014 05:56 AM. Reason: moved to its own thread

DX in 12/2010. Stage 4 SCC HPV+ BOT swollen lymph. I've spent the past 3 years away from medical treatments. Instead I've focused on good nutrition, active exercise, singing, laughing, oral exercises and such. I've had neither pain nor discomfort. But I haven't been able to kill the cancer. So, I'm now considering robotic surgery and/or radiation.