Everyone,

I have finished day three. Day one consisted of clinical trial testing, EKG and lots of blood draws. Pretty easy. Radiation was fast and easy. Fell asleep a couple of times. Day one also included chemo and being admitted over night.

Day two at around 1 am the effects of the chemo took hold and nausea set in. The nurses kept me pumped full of nausea medicine and fluids. Stomach was upset but I never vomited which was good. I ordered breakfast and had dry Cheerios along with plain oatmeal. Helped tremendously. Radiation went fine with no issues. I was still having some nausea issues so I stayed until 3:30 p.m. Before being discharged. Still had nausea issues but was able to eat some fruit and more cereal.

Day three I am feeling better. Slight nausea at times. Food still not appealing but I was able to eat more cereal, oatmeal, and drink some ensure. Walked back to my lodging after treatment. Walk felt good. Hopefully the weather will hold out and I can do it more.

It looks like the chemo is going to be the worse for me with the nausea. I will just have to feel it out and find which foods are going to be more appealing.

Only 30 to go 2 more chemo yeah!

Curt

Age 43, nonsmoking, social drinker
Left tonsil cancer
SCC HPV+16
Stage IV
tonsillectomy, robotic radical tonsillectomy and neck dissection
4 of the nodes removed had cancer. 2 had extra capsular spread.
3x cisplatin 33x rad 11/18/13
Completed treatment 01/08/14