I have had symptoms in my BOT for almost 8 months now. I had the scope, a biopsy and a CT scan about 6 months ago. All came back negative other than hyperplasia of the lymph tissue on the base of my tongue (basically swollen lingual tissue on one side). CT scan showed nothing other than minimal asymmetry on the BOT with no mass and no lymph nodes. This was after I had absolutely convinced myself that I had cancer. Before I had even seen a doctor I was convinced! All I did every day was poke and prod my neck and my glands and stick my tongue out. My face and neck were so sore this only added to my worry! Now I am only 26 years old and I know it can happen to anyone but the slim chance coupled with all of the negative results helped to put my mind at ease for a bit but still had some weird symptoms in there.

Last month I took a two week vacation and was out doing something all day every day staying super busy. Not one time during this did I ever have a symptom...now I'm not saying that all of this was in my head because the biopsy did come back as swollen tissue for whatever reason (ent thinks chronic allergies) but I am saying that when my mind is occupied and I don't have time to think about all of the dreadful possibilities my throat actually feels pretty normal! Also, in 8 months nothing has progressed in any way. The feeling in my throat hasn't gotten bigger, or worse. No glands or nodes have swelled up so I don't know. What I do know though is that I am a hypochondriac and that for those 2 weeks of vacation last month I was symptom free.

Just sharing my story

Last edited by Shane's; 10-01-2013 08:45 AM.