To clarify further, and I put some perspective on the NG (tube running from the nose to the stomach) vs PEG tube. I have not heard of the NG tube being something that is planned, The doctor knowing that eating is going to be an issue down the road saying well we will wait until you have that issue then put a NG tube in. I think it is used after treatment is underway and tried without the PEG and it becomes such an issue nutrition has to be given another way and perhaps that person is to debilitated to undergo the PEG surgery. The PEG is a planned procedure, not a quick fix for a problem that was hopefully going to be avoided. I think that speaks to the preferred method.
But the NG tube is something that is sometimes needed and can for sure be a life saver. smile A positive about the NG tube is no surgery is needed. But I would definitely rather have a small outpatient surgery for the PEG than someone running a tube in my nose, down my throat, and into my stomach while I watched, I do not like that idea at all.

AGE 38 10-2012 thru 3-2012 swollen lymph node,painful jaw and ear,2 antibiotics,X-ray,CAT scan,needle biopsy,scope, no answers
3-4-13 tonsillectomy and selective neck dissection, DX R tonsil SCC,METS to 1 lymph node,BOT,HPV+, stage IV
TX 35 RAD,3 chemo cisplatin/Taxol started 4-8-13
rad end 5-29-13