Granulation and redness will not cause nausea. I have gotten my J/G tube swapped out every other month for the past few years without incident. That wouldnt cause nausea either. Nausea can come and go for a long time after treatments. I still have to take zofran once in a while on bad days and Im 6 years out. Make sure to discuss this with your doctor to see if they can help determine what is causing your nausea.

If you dont already have a feeding pump ask your doc to order one with a prescription for your medical supply company. That way you can run it overnight while you sleep. You will need to sleep propped up on a couple extra pillows. By running the pump overnight it will help you to cut back on the tube feeds you do during the day.

For at least the first year after treatment you will need to take in a minimum of 2500 calories and 48 oz of water. Your body has been thru the war and it needs extra fuel to rebuild itself. Try to make certain you are obtaining these daily minimums and try to eat a healthy diet with higher protein to help with the rebuilding. Check with a nutritionist to help you plan out a balanced diet.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy