Having finished treatment 4 months ago, I had my 1st CT scan 2 weeks ago. Follow-up appointments with my ENT showed clear on the scope and clear head/neck on the CT. However, a 2mm node is noted on the chest CT that needs further attention and has me in the 'what if' stage. Since my original PET/CT was done at a different facility, he needs to compare the recent one to the past one to see if this is new or has been there all along. This will take a few days. Even if it is new, he says it's too small to biopsy at this time and we'd re-scan in about 8 weeks to see if there are any changes/etc. I am very comfortable with the hospital/doctors (Mass Eye-Ear/Mass General), but will likely seek a 2nd opinion at Dana Farber if it is a new node.

In the meantime, I am a bit lost as to how to react but would appreciate thoughts/questions that I should be asking. Also wondering if there are any 'gold standards' that would be followed... surgery, chemo, radiation? Which comes first? What chemos are standard for SCC Mets to lung?

Trying to keep busy from going crazy.

Thanks!
Nancy

Nancy
Age 56 at diagnosis
Neck Lymph node removed 11/2012
Tonsillectomy perfomed 12/2012 - identified as primary
SCC Left Tonsil with Left Node involvement, DX 12/2012
RX started 1/29/2013, finished 3/23/2013;
Daily IMRT (35 Sessions)
Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin (6 weeks)
PEG placed after week 4 (3/1/2013)
PEG removed 6 1/2 months later (8/12/2013)