Julieanne - I sure hope you do make it to Chattanooga next year. Christine is right about what an amazing feeling it is to be with other survivors and caregivers, too. I talked to a lovely woman while waiting for my cancer screening. She told me she had 5 daughters and one had passed away from cancer. I know the anxiety that comes when your child gets cancer but to lose a child or a loved one to this horrible disease - well, there are no words to express the sorrow I feel for those who have had to bear this unimaginable loss. Makes we want to shout out to everyone to have their children vaccinated - Get the Gardasil shot! ! Please ! !

BTW - The cake that Christine mentioned - It really was huge and the most delicious carrot cake I've ever tasted. All the baked items were made by employees of Siskin Steel & Supply. Most of the cake is in my freezer waiting for company coming to enjoy it. (They better come soon because I keep cutting off little pieces to taste/eat) There were so many nice raffle items, too. And the band was awesome! So all I have to say to everyone in my very best Southernized Yankee accent is, "Y'all come on down next year, y'hear?!"

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)