Hi defeatingin2010, I know the problem of bloating with too much water well. I have similar problems with lack of saliva and swallowing difficulty. The two main stays of my diet are first porridge, cooked with a whole range of additons such as a banana, honey, ground flaxseed, ground hempseed, some protein powder and creme fraiche. Second is organic probiotic natural yogurt which I have developed a real taste for and I use it to help other foods slide down more easily. I have always had a sweet tooth but I now find confectionary chocolate and other sweet things sting my mouth, however, I can enjoy dark chocolate - +70% cocoa (it was always too bitter in the past - strange that I like it now!) but I can only eat it with a hot milky drink either a latte or hot chocolate. Real chocolate is considered to have a lot of healthy properties and so is especially good for us diet challenged folk who struggle with getting enough calories and proteins! Another thing you could try is adding Psyllium husk fibre to sauces. You only need a tiny amount (0.25 teaspoon) to get a gelifying effect. Too much is horrible, but a small amount can just make make sauces that bit slippier. It is also good for constipation! I also juice fruit and veg twice a day to make sure I get all the vitimins and other goodies that I miss from not being able to eat salads and cooked veg. The taste changes are very strange and effect everyone so differently. I always liked real ales and craft beers, but I now find that I really savour the hoppy beers, so maybe I have changed to enjoy the bitter favours more than sweet! Hope some of this might be a help. Sally

Dx 10/11 51yrs LBOT Stage 4 2nodes HPV16+. Non-smoker mod alcohol.
10/11 Induction chemox2 (Docetaxel, 5-Flu, Cisplatin) then Cisplatinx2 IMRTx30. Ended 01/13/12.
12/07/11 RIG. RIG removed 05/05/12.
4/12 CT scan clear. Visual scope checks clear as of 10/13. Learning to live with eating challenges.