Sooooo, we've had an interesting past week. My Dad hasn't had chemo in nearly 2 weeks, due to low white blood cells and dehydration. He goes in today to hopefully get his chemo. Also, he hasn't had radiation since last Thursday!!! They closed early on Friday (for Good Friday), so that was expected. Well, since Monday the radiation machine has been broke. smirk So, I guess all these people needing radiation just aren't getting it this week.

Kind of frustrating, because we just want to get this all over as soon as possible; however, I do think this little break is good for him. He is at the halfway point. Does this break in radiation affect anything? Did any of you have a break?

Also--my Dad decided he should get a feeding tube, mainly to supplement for extra calories/water he can't get down by mouth. My mom called on Monday morning about that. She was told they would call to schedule his appointment to get the tube....here we are on Thursday and still haven't heard from them. We're hoping they can still do it laparoscopically, instead of making a large incision and full blown surgery.

Also, my Dad is waiting for this medicine to come in (cream for his neck) and they are shipping it to his house. Well, I guess it has to be signed for and my parents will be at the cancer center the majority of the day. So, I'm taking my daughter over there to hang out and play and hopefully, the medicine will get dropped off and I can sign for it.

Ok. There's my latest ramblings. Thanks for listening....er, reading. wink

Brandi, daughter of:
Jack, age 69, non-smoker, BOT primary, Stage 4, HPV+
1/28/2013: Surgery. All cancerous masses removed. Dad is CANCER FREE!!!
2/26/2012: Beginning of TX. Weekly chemo: Carboplatin and Taxol. Daily RT (about 40 total)
4/25/2013: Will be last day of TX, both chemo and RT