First - thanks to everyone for your responses...I'm so glad I can rely on you to provide knowledgeable advice and care.

Maria - it depends. I can work from home, but most projects do require travel. So, I might be able to work something out to ease back into work by working on small projects that don't require travel. Also, I was only there for 6 months, and there's huge learning curve involved, so I feel like I'll need some time just to get up to speed on the basics.

All good advice. I'm meeting with the oncologist Monday, so I will have a better picture of the treatment plan then.

There were a couple of things the nurse mentioned over the phone that I was curious about:

1. She said I should probably get a feeding tube put in either before or at the very beginning of treatment.

2. She also mentioned using something called a portacath if I need infusion. My doctor didn't say anything about infusion. He just said that over the 6 week radiation treatment, I would have three separate chemo treatments: 1 the first week, 1 the third week, and 1 in the fifth week.

Any feedback would be welcome!

Thanks,
Gina

Female, age 35
SCC Stage IV, left oral tongue, 2.8 cm
T2N2bM0, HPV+, Former Smoker
Dx 12/31/12
1/23/13: Hemiglossectomy (1/3 of tongue) & SND
Cancer found in 4 lymph nodes, 1 with ECE post surgery
1 tx Cisplatin, 30x iMRT (6 wks)
TX ended 4/15/13