Christine
Thanks for deleting the link to such scurrilous nonsense.

Shauneen:

You need to get a better class of Facebook friends but in the meantime, let them know I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I inherited and can sell to them, plus I have a banker friend in Nigeria with a great deal for them- wink
First it is NOT a fact that Sorusop has any more health benefits than fruit or tea (and fruit and tea are healthful. Instead it's just an assertion by the usual suspects.
Sorusop or graviola is just the fruit and leaves of the guanabana tree (Annona muricata), also known as "soursop," "cherimoya," "custard apple," and "Brazilian paw paw." Yes, medicine men in Peru used it in a tea to "cure cancer" when there was no radiation or chemo. Back in 2007 and 2008, a whole group of these "miracle cures", mostly tea based and including soursop websites were shut down by the Federal Trade Commission for fraud.
There is no valid substantiated study showing that it may have any chemo benefits. Instead. like many many other things that have been proven worthless for treating human cancer, if you take cancer cells and put them in a petri dish, Soursop can kill them. But then what doesn't? Vinegar does, so does bleach. (And Yes, there are nuts who think they can cure cancer based on that.) That's it for the studies- outside of non peer reviewed and unreliable ones out of China and Korea.
This cruel hoax got a new life back in 2011, when a "Doctor" - turns out to have a PhD in Victorian literature not medicine- wrote in a Psychology Today blog and linked to several bogus studies - done overseas and spun the usual conspiracy tale of NIH hiding its own internal evidence of how great this works.
If there is any sure sign of a cancer fraud, it's claiming that NIH is hiding the cure.
So yes, this is total crapolla.
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 01-28-2013 08:41 AM. Reason: lightened it up

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13