Good Afternoon from England. I have just been diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma on my left cheek. What started as a simple mouth ulcer which I left for 3 months has now rollercoasted in something much worse. I had my biopsy on 27th December saw the consultant 8th January had MRI, CAT scan and dental x-ray 9th Jan and now a follow up consultation to discuss treatment. The good news is it hasn't spread. Now I have to have an operation to remove the cancer in my cheek, 3 wisdom teeth, 2 other teeth, a skin graft from my left arm (inc artery) into my mouth and another skin graft from my stomach to my left arm. They are going to do this all at once on 14th February - Happy Valentines Day. The surgery is going to last 7-8 hours, but I will be kept under for 24 hours. Really do not know what to expect when I come round - has anyone else experienced this and how did they cope? After surgery it also looks like I will need radiotherapy for 4-6 weeks. It all seems so unbelievable for an ulcer that is the size of a thumb nail!

SCC type 1 tumor in left cheek aged 45
T2N1M0 - surgery 14/2/13 to remove tumor, skin graft from wrist, neck dissection. No rads/chemo.