Hello all x I am lay in bed in the uk - 1am after the most awful of days. My father in law who has terminal throat and head cancer was expected home today, his wishes to come home and have no invasive treatment which at 87 we respect that that is his choice.

Everything is set up at home for him to come home and for his wife, son and myself to care for him during his last months, weeks, days? Sadly he had a haemorrhage of his tumour this morning so the hospital called us to attend urgently and he was very poorly all day losing quite a lot of blood. Due to this his consultant advised that he stay for a couple of day while they stabilise him as he is also diabetic.

Sorry I am waffling! My question is none of us are clear of how the end will be for him, he was so afraid today and I will stick to my promise and carry him out if the hospital on Thursday by the latest as his last wish but feel that without knowing what are the possible scenarios how are we going to deal with them. His wife is terrified he will choke to death, my husband that he will bleed to death and I know every person is different but I feel unable to support them emotionally as I have no idea what could happen.

I do hope I am not offending anyone by being so blunt but I can't seem to get the answers from anyone - his Consultant always visits when we are not there but he is unable to relay very well what has been said and the nursing staff just say it will be peaceful.

I would really appreciate any honest experiences of this so I can be ready to care for him and offer the support to his family x

Your gratefully and with the greatest of respect x

Bless those who have lost loved ones xxx

God bless all x Kazzakirk