Eric,

Being exposed to HPV is one thing and studies indicate that by age 50 a large % of females show the antibodies to it and therefore exposure. There is no current HPV testing for males other than cancer cells so we have to assume that males and females continually pass the virus back n forth through sexual activity. HPV does cause at least 7 different cancers and the scienfific community still is unable to pinpoint WHY sometimes an exposure leads to cancer. While I'm pretty sure you have been exposed to HPV, perhaps several times in your life I doubt seriously that your cancer was caused by HPV due to the location of the source or Primary of your cancer.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.