Katie, I am so very sorry to hear you are going thru so much in such a short time frame! This whole thing stinks!!!! Ive gone thru having oral cancer 3 times in 3 years so I know the emotions you are dealing with. Im very glad you have a positive fighting attitude. Im a firm believer that this really does help the patient (not sure if it has ever been scientifically proven or not).

On one of your other posts you were asking about some food ideas. here is a list of easy to eat foods. Many of these foods are soft and have a smoother texture which will make them easier to eat and swallow.

Easy to Eat Foods List

Please stick with us and we will help you get thru this. I will be happy to help you with any questions you may have. If you need any feeding tube tricks I even have a few of those too. Im very glad your sons are home with you for a while, Im sure its very comforting to have them home. My son was the very best while I was going thru treatments. He even joined OCF to give updates on my condition when I was stuck in the hospital for 2 months for my mandibulectomy. I still get teary whenever I go back and read his posts. Enjoy the time you have with your sons.

Best wishes with everything!!!

Last edited by ChristineB; 12-29-2012 09:45 AM.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma