I was diagnosed with scc on the surface of my left lateral tongue after a biopsy back in 2008. Had a partial glossectomy. A couple months later, back for a checkup, the doc found another spot that biopsied positive a little toward the midline: more surgery.

Five years later, this last September, biopsied another spot which turned out positive again. Surgery took a deeper lateral chunk that included a patch of leukoplakia. That was a tough one--out of work for three weeks and my speech was pretty impacted. Finally two weeks ago, back at the clinic for another checkup, they biopsied an area anterior to the last and found more scc. More surgery. I thought this one would go a bit easier since they found the margins relatively quickly, but no. This one's bad, too. Drinking enough, barely. And losing some weight. Who wants to eat?

I was one of those "do it and let me know when you're done" sorts of guys. Not so much now. Though I'm pretty terrified reading the comments here, I'm glad I found you. I don't like to admit it, but I'll need your info, and sadly, your experience, and your sympathy, of course. Maybe I'll be helpful in return.

2/08 partial glossectomy to remove scc on left lateral mid tongue
5/08 partial glossectomy to remove same, anterior to last
9/12 partial glossectomy to remove scc mid tongue
12/12 partial glossectomy to remove same, anterior to last