Thanks to you all. I'm reminded of a great line in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing - Leonato says to a friar who has offered him a seeming long shot at solving his problem [Being that I flow in grief, The smallest twine may lead me). I had a long talk with the MO and both she and the RO say go through with the tree big bags of cisplatin and the 35 radiation and see what happens. They say, having never been treated before who knows what the response of my particular tumors might be. They say that the HPV+ status is a good sign but that there is little experience with such cancers spread. They say the odds aren't great but what will happen in this first round of treatment will actually be critical to understanding the next steps. I guess I'll go along. First bag of cisplatin was yesterday and although not nausea free - not bad. After this first bash is over I will definitely be looking to get other opinions and open to new approaches. I'm being treated at the Wilmot Cancer Center in the University of Rochester's Strong Memorial hospital.

SCC Started in the right tonsil they think, T1N2bM1
HPV+
Lots of nodes involved including some near the carotid - didn't come out during neck dissection
Distant Met's - one in the mediastinum, some suspicious stuff in the lungs
Radiation 70 Gy in 35 fraction
Cisplatin - 3
Stereotactic rad to the mediastinum
Clean PET Apr 13
Clean PET Aug 13
Clean PET Dec 13
Clean CT with contrast Mar 14
Clean CT with contrast Sept 14
Clean CT with contrast Feb 15