Walter, you can buy the Boost by the case righ thru the OCF Amazon link. This helps OCF by giving us back 6% of any purchases. By using this link for any Amazon shopping it will really make a difference! OCF is a very small non profit that works on a shoestring budget so every penny counts.

The Amazon link is located on the main OCF forum pages. Its the green box towards the top right. Just click on that and OCF's info will be there for your Amazon Boost VHC purchase.

Yes the word is PUSH. You must push yourself. After what you have gone thru your body needs those calories to rebuild itself. Same with the protein, high protein will help with your recovery and healing. I know it sounds like way too much but its not. When I was recovering I would make huge chocolate peanut butter milkshakes which were around 2000 calories each. Some days I would drink 3 of them. I never gained an ounce. Thats how hard my body was fighting to bounce back, it was burning up calories at least 3 times my normal rate. Every single day you are one step closer to being well so help your body by pushing to drink as much as possible and gettign those calories in.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy