Lyn

While it's great to read up on this cancer, it's important that you don't get sucked up by the overly simplistic "solutions" that abound on the internet. Strictly speaking: there are no alternatives to surgery, radiation and chemo except death. If only a vitamin & lemon helped cure cancer, what a wonderful world this would be. Color me cynical.
Good for you on checking with your doctor to make sure that real treatment will not be affected. Everything that interferes with radiation is not cataloged as since the internet too many "alternatives" are bandied about and it's not worth anyone's time or money to do studies that "show they interfere". Actually, logic dictates the burden is on the "alternative" or adjunctive pill to show it's harmless.
Posters are always surprised to find out that the much touted antioxidants can help the tumor.

As far as Vitamin D3, there is a simple blood test that can measure your blood level of D3. Lots of studies show D3 is important to heart health and my cardiologist has had me taking 4000 IU of Vitamin D a day . My blood levels are great, way over the lab range limits, but Vitamin D did not prevent my cancer from coming back twice.
That's my experience.

Neither my wife nor I ate sugar or sugar substitutes for over 20 years. While we were incredibly healthy, avoiding sugar didn't stop me from getting cancer either. I'm unaware of any studies that the PH balance of your intestines has any relationship at all to oral cancer.

Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 09-19-2012 11:33 AM. Reason: toned it down

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13