Callie:
I can't even read all this thread thru my tears. I am sincerely sorry for your loss. Don's pain and suffering has ended. Yours has not. My heart breaks for you. I was a caregiver for my sister who died of breast cancer in July, 2007; then for my Dad who died of bladder cancer in May,2009; and once again for my bro-in-law who died of pancreatic cancer in April, 2010. Then....... I became the next victim in February, 2011.
It was much harder being a caregiver than being the sick one. I won't say 'time heals all wounds' cuz I really hated when people said that to me. Truth be told, many people just don't know what to say.
I still miss my family members everyday and, in fact, just this past weekend my daughters and their families were over and we were looking at old pictures. Made me cry so hard at first, then those sobs actually turned to laughter as we all remembered funny times. And, believe me, my family is crazy.
So what I'm saying, is that I've been where you are now and will do everything I can to help you thru this, should you ask. You will get thru it. For Don and especially for your little ones.
You'll be in my prayers.
-Wendy

Wendy 48@dx
Dx 2/11 stgIVSCC BOT
Dx 3/11 stgI breast (3rd of 4 sisters dx'd)
4/11 dbl mastectomy; no further tx reqd
5/11 PEG placemt;
5/11-7/11 chemox7;IMRTx35;
MRND 9/11
11/12 Dx:papilledema;hydrocephalus;psuedotumor.
11/12 LumbarPeritoneal Shunt
12/12 PEG Out; 100 lbs lost
All scans clear